From the HQ
Well Fred my fine and loyal friend the thing I have been chewing over recently is the fact that because we are currently being bombarded by digital marketing, as more and more of it moves online, I have come to the conclusion that….
Direct Mail is NOT dead!
Here’s the thing – direct mail is one of the oldest marketing methods. Back in the day, people would groan about how much junk mail they received. Today, they groan about how much junk e-mail they receive. And because just about everyone is in lockdown at the moment and even if they’re not have still experienced some kind of change – the amount of online traffic seems to have increased massively. Looking back a few years the switch from direct mail to email happened when the Internet came to town, offering lower costs and a seemingly more effective marketing strategy. But, this year, in no small part due to the effects of the covid-19 pandemic there are definite signs that direct mail is making a comeback.
Don’t believe me? Well here are some stats on direct mail…
- 92% of young shoppers prefer direct mail for making purchasing decisions
- 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing
- 40% of consumers try new businesses after receiving direct mail
- 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference
Today, the key to effective marketing is personalisation, and direct mail is the perfect medium for that. Personalised product suggestions and advertisements makes people feel special. Think about how you feel when you receive an email versus a letter in the mail. You know that the sender took the time to write the letter, stuff it in an envelope, put a stamp on it and mail it. People recognize the effort that goes into a direct marketing postcards, even if only on a subconscious level, and they’ve become more receptive to it. All it takes to email is the click of a button. It’s clearly not as warm as a piece of direct mail in your mailbox.
So, you want some tips on how to master direct mail?
- Use graphics and colour
- Put a headline on the envelope
- Use odd shapes and lumpy mail to get attention
- Include your website/phone information
- Keep paragraphs short
- Personalise as much as possible
- Print in large quantities to take advantage of cheaper prices
- Have someone else review and proofread your copy
- Outsource things you don’t do – printing, design, mail prep etc- HELLO, we do that! 😊
Cut through the clutter of email and get your target’s attention with direct mail. Many of your future customers will be glad you did…and so will you.
I hope this proves to be of interest. If you would like to learn more or require further information about the different services provided by Print & Mail Runner, please do not hesitate to contact us via tel: 0191 580 2031, e-mail: email@example.com or web: https://pm-runner.co.uk/direct-mail/ We are always happy to help in any way we can.
Until next time…